Deep Tissue Massage: Old Street, Islington
My private massage studio is located a five minute walk from Old Street, Underground Station.
Deep tissue is a massage technique that focuses on the deeper layers of the muscle tissues: it aims to release the chronic patterns of tension and toxins in the body through slow strokes, using deep pressure techniques of fingers, elbows, forearms, fists and knuckels, generally localised on the affected areas. It is performed either following longitudinally or going across muscle fibers, tendons and fascia increasing blood and oxygen circulation reducing inflammation, and breaking down adhesions and knots. Deep Tissue massage also breaks off scar tissue over time and improve flexibility and mobility of treated muscle groups.
The massage also works on physical and mental tension, it can induce pain due to the pressure applied on trigger points and damaged areas and often described as good pain: it is used to rehabilitate sports injuries while boosting mood and relaxation by triggering the release of oxytocin and serotonin.
Duration: 30 | 60 | 90 mins
Old Street Islington: 30 mins - £35 – 60 mins - £55 – £90 mins - £80
Clinica Fiore: 30mins - £40 – 60 mins - £65 – 90 mins - £90
- Release muscle adhesions
- Release tension headaches
- Break up and eliminate scar tissues
- Eliminate build up of toxins
- Increases blood circulation
- Helps with chronic pain and limited mobility
- Recovery from injuries (e.g. whiplash, falls, sports injuries)
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Postural problems
- Ostearthritis pain
- Improves emotional health, muscle tension or spasm
- Increases flexibility